Hitting the road from
My best friend Ron, who I met in high school, was best man in my wedding, is Godfather to my son Brandon and I Godfather to his son Alex, and I are going to be getting our kicks on Rt. 66 starting May 3rd. I graduated from Jr. College with my first degree in 2004 (31 yrs. after high school graduation) and Ron recently graduated from
We have been researching our trip for almost two months now, with less than two months before we travel. We can't wait. I've been hoping to 'record' our trip in some way, as my memory isn't what it used to be, and will be using this forum to do so.
Happy Travels (rt66xfr6)
Monday, March 10, 2008
Get Your Kicks On Rt66 - May 3rd 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
16 comments:
Dad and Ron!
I'm glad to see that this sight will be up and running!!!
Now, I consider myself fairly capable of puzzles and riddles, but what in the world does XFR6 mean? I'm hoping the answer is not so obvious that I kick myself.
Also, how will the two of you be updating information daily? Just curious.
I'm excited about your great adventure!
David
Oh Geez...now you old folks know how to use the internet too??
BTW Mike...make sure that you check and recheck every time you get back in the car to shake down my dad for sweets. He's really bad at the "no eating in the car" rule.
You will probably have to frisk him. I know it's a serious problem but it comes with the territory of driving cross-country with him...
David,
Xfr - stands for Crossfire
6 - stands for 2006
We HOPE to do daily updates at our evening stopping place. Might be a challenge if we can't access the internet from our location. If so, then we will update as soon as possible, later on.
Dad
Smokey,
Thanks for the warning of required daily shake downs - as I'm very firm with the 'no eating' in the car thing.
Your Dad and I are getting anxious to get going with the recent good weather.
Mike . . .
Mike,
I promise I will not eat in the car. The only mess I might create will be from the lubrication needed to get in and out of the car.
Yes, we do know how to use the Internet
Dad and Ron,
I'm glad that we'll be able to check up on you on your trip and make sure that you really will make it to Santa Monica. ;)
I know you guys are preparing a lot for the journey and I'm sure it will be a great trip!
Love you!
Kristin
Due to the lack of luggage space in the crossfire and the fact that you won't have enough clothes to wear a new clean pair everyday. I'm extremely happy that at the age of 50 something and post college graduates you will both get to experience wearing dirty underwear inside out!!! Please make sure you include these types of stories in this blog!
Best of luck!
Hi Dad and Ron!
I'm so happy that you two are going through with this. It'll be great for you guys to have a "boys trip".
Brandon and I look forward to sending you both off on your journey. I'm not quite sure about the whole getting up at 5 am, but I will attempt to make an effort.
Excited to see the both of you soon!!
Kristin (the tall one) haha
I'm ready for a new post!!! Something like 'T-Minus 2 days' or 'Lord help us!What are we getting into?' Etc.!!!
David
For some of us who keep late hours, this trip comes faster. In order to satisfy David, there are only two days to the highway. I am ready to travel-I hope.
Ron
David,
Ron and I will work together tonight to put up an 'time to do it' posting, complete with the challenges of packing everything we think we need into the back of a crossfire, and an updated PIC of the xfr after Ryan spent 4 hours detailing it for me :-) Looks Great! I hated to drive it today.
Mike/Ron,
Best of luck on your journey. I am sure it will be fun, heck, how can 2 Manual Rams get together and it not be fun?!?!?
Take care.
-doug
Ron and Mike,
Wish you guys good luck and have lots of fun. I am sure you will.
Dave N.
Hey Mike and Ron,
How do I post the picture of the last rode trip you and Ron took 35 years ago in the summer of 1973 to Indiana Beach? Both of you had longer, brown hair but your shorts sure were a lot shorter!
Loved the pictures!
Love, Kathy :)
Did you eat some fruits and veggies today?!
And we are to beleive that the labels were correct? Route Beer, Root Beer yah right. I am enjoying your adventure.
John Rufner
Post a Comment